The wisdom and compassion a woman can intuitively experience in childbirth can make her a source of healing and understanding for other women.
Soulshine Medicine Doula Support
Based in Berryville, VA
In-person support available within a 1 hour drive of Downtown Berryville.
First consultation is complimentary. Pregnancy and Childbirth are a very intimate time in a woman’s life. Whether you are moving from Maidenhood into Motherhood or you are giving birth to your tenth child, It is important to make sure your Doula is the perfect fit. I suggest interviewing 2-3 Doulas before deciding on one and will happily refer you to other local Doulas. Each Doula has something different to offer and it is important your needs are met.
You should anticipate about an hour for the consultation.
We will talk about: You, your partner, aspects of your past and present that may impact your pregnancy and birthing experience, and your expectations surrounding birth(home vs hospital, medications or not, etc).
You can hire me as early as 20 weeks to get the most out of the service.
Birth is not only about making babies. It is about making mothers- strong, capable, competent mothers who trust themselves and know their strength.
Doula Support Offerings
The All-In-One Package
- 4 Prenatal Get-Togethers(1-2 hours each)
- Guided Meditation– release things that no longer serve you so we can EMPOWER YOU.
- Nutrition– what you’re currently eating and how we can be sure to support the growth of your child and the production of your breast milk.
- Mental and Physical Health History– how these things will impact your capacity to labor and birth your child and how your partner may also be impacted.
- Birth Plan- the three stages of labor and what you can expect during them both mentally and physically(this is a good conversation for Dads/Partners to be present for!).
- Labor Prep- At 36 weeks, we’ll show Dad/Partner ways we can work together to support you during labor(Rebozo techniques, counterpressure, massage, jiggling, etc). This get-together will happen at your home if you are choosing a home birth.
- Phone/text/email support throughout your pregnancy.
- Referrals to other professionals and support groups in the area(Midwives, Prenatal Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Herbalists, Functional Medicine Doctors, etc)
- Unlimited Prenatal Yoga Classes at Soulshine Medicine Shala(located in downtown Berryville, VA) for the entirety of your pregnancy. Suggested attendance is minimum 2 classes per month. These classes include Labor Prep!
- Labor and Birth
- Labor can last anywhere from 4-24 hours. Usually 12ish.
- Encouragement throughout labor and guidance for your partner if they are feeling unsure about their role.
- Tools such as birthing ball(if you don’t have your own), peanut ball, and a rebozo will be supplied to you during Labor.
- If you choose home birth and are transferred to a hospital, I will go with you.
- If you choose hospital birth, I am your main advocate(and will talk to you and Dad/Partner ahead of time about how they can also be your advocate!).
- Help with first latch if choosing to breastfeed.
- 2 Post-Partum Visits(1-2 hours each)
- Breastfeeding tips
- Answer questions you may have about baby’s progress.
- Other forms of support(i.e. cooking a yummy meal, doing dishes, etc.)
- Guided self massage techniques for mom.
- Guided Infant massage for good circulation, digestion, and sleep.
- Boil herbs for a Yoni Steam(for vaginal health and healing) and watch baby while you enjoy in peace.
- Watch baby so you and Dad/Partner can shower and have a moment alone, if needed.
- Referrals to other professionals and support groups in the area(Lactation Consultants, Infant Massage Therapists, Pelvic Floor Therapists, Postpartum Doulas with larger packages, etc)
Investment of $1,400
Reach out to me with price concerns. No family should be denied the support that they need. I offer payment plans!
Dad/Partner as Doula
Mom and Dad/Partner attend these sessions together!
For Mamas 36-42 weeks!
4 Sessions should be considered for Parents choosing to birth in a hospital! It is important to understand your rights as parents. It is also important to be loaded up with as much knowledge as possible so that you can have a safe and healthy birth.
- Labor Discussion– stage one, transition phase, and stage two. How to tell the difference and why the difference is important.
- Pelvic Positioning– how to position the pelvis for optimal movement of baby down and out using birthing ball, peanut ball, and/or a robozo(large sheet works too).
- Counterpressure and Jiggling– to help comfort Mom during contractions.
- Everything included in the 1-session package
- Pop Quiz– what do you remember from our first session and how can we make more things stick
- Review- movements with birthing ball and peanut ball, robozo techniques, counterpressure, and jiggling. REPETITION IS KEY.
- Labor Discussion- Stage three, benefits of delayed cord clamping, benefits of skin-to-skin with baby.
- Everything included in 2-session package.
- Discussion- Pros/cons of homebirth vs hospital birth.
- Medications– induction meds and pain meds that will be offered to you in a hospital and all of the side effects that go along with them.
- Advocacy- How Dad/Partner can help you follow through with your desired birth plan!
We are all such unique Beings. It seems fair to say that everyone’s journey will look a little different. But no matter who you are or where you are today, it won’t be easy. They say the good things in life are worth working for. I believe there is validity to that. Strive for imperfection; don’t fear the errors you’ll make along the way. Those errors are the building blocks to acceptance and self love.
Your complimentary consultation awaits! I look forward to meeting you ❤